Fried tofu is simple and amazing yet finding the perfect recipe seems to be a bit tricky. This recipe skips all the drama and takes us to the point, crispy tofu. For best results use extra firm tofu and press it for 15-30 minutes before cooking. I pressed for 30 minutes between plates and was good to go. If you like your tofu firm through out or if you are picky with your tofu (as I am) then cut the pieces even smaller than suggested and take it from there. This recipe is for a whole block of tofu but unless you have a few kids to feed, you will have plenty of left overs to make an easy stir fry or some veggie fried rice the next day. You can even eat it cold because yes, it is that good 🙂
Easiest Crispy Fried Tofu Ever.
– 1 Block Extra Firm Organic Tofu.
– 4 Tablespoons Of Flour.
– 4 Tablespoons Of Planko Bread Crumbs.
– 3 Teaspoons Of Garlic Powder.
– 1/2 Teaspoon Of Salt.
– 1 Teaspoon Of Pepper.
– 4 Tablespoons Of Olive Oil.
– Press Your Tofu As Recommended Above And The Cut Into 1/2 in. Cubes.
– In A Bowl Combine Cut Tofu And All Ingredients Except The Oil.
– Toss To Coat Tofu With The Mixture. You Can Also Toss It All In A Ziplock Bag And Shake It. You Want The Tofu Coated Well.
– Heat The Oil On Medium Heat In A Large Skillet, Add The Tofu And Cook For About 6-8 Minutes Until Light Brown And Crispy.