Triceps dip is one of my favorite triceps exercises, I feel like it really hits them hard and causes them to fatigue. For those of you who already get down with the dip, try tossing a weight plate onto your lap or placing a dumbbell between your thighs for extra weight and an added challenge. Trust me, you will feel the difference if you add some weight. You can also try doing this while your feet are raised on a stepper or something of that nature to make it even more intense.
Here is how you go about performing a triceps dip, take it slow, be easy and make it happen…
– Sit on the edge of a flat bench with your hands on either side of your hips and with your fingers facing forward.
– With your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, lift your butt off the bench by straightening your arms and slide forward a bit.
– Now lower yourself by bending your elbows to 90 degree angles, keep your butt close to the bench.
– Hold for a second then push yourself back up and repeat.
– Do 3 sets of your desired rep range. (6-8 if lifting heavy, 12-15 for mid and 20-22 for high reps.)